Is your child getting enough sleep? Children aged 5 --> 12 need about 10- 11 hours of sleep. Getting enough sleep will help children get up on time and be ready for a full day of learning. Lack of sleep can make it difficult for students to concentrate in school and can even cause problems working and playing with friends.
Here are some tips that can help monitor your child's sleep:
- Explain to your child the importance of sleep and not to see as kind of punishment.
- Set a regular bedtime routine and stick to it.
- Make bedtime a special time. Read him/ her a story.
- Avoid big meals and caffeine less than 6 hours before bedtime.
- Set the bedroom temperature so that it's comfortable- not too warm and not too cold.
- Make sure the bedroom is quiet and dark- and without TV.